Reports to: Shift Foreman
To safely and efficiently operate production equipment as required to produce acceptable goods. To monitor and record evaluations of key quality criteria.
- Remove finished product from the press and separate from runner when necessary.
- Inspect product for discrepancy and record results on scrap report.
- May trim excess material from part by using a knife.
- Observe the operation of the presses to assure proper functioning and alert the Shift Foreman.
- Notify any discrepancies to the Shift Foreman and Quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of the assigned presses, grinders, and workstations.
- Inspects parts, sort discrepant parts per work instructions. Report and document discrepant materials.
- Train new operators, cross train on other presses as directed by the foreman.
- Keep an eye on hopper for low material levels.
- Alert foreman of equipment malfunctions.
- Assure that mold does not close on previously molded parts/runners.
- Attend assigned meetings.
- Communicate the status and any changes of the assigned presses to the press operator of the following shift.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and quality system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Product quality, discrepancy detection and notification.
- Housekeeping of work station and surrounding area.
- Accuracy in scrap reports and all other required documentation.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of safe operating practices.
- Effectively communicate with all employees.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Simple math.
- On the job training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Able to sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to use both hands.
- Able to read and interpret instructions.