Reports to: Shift Foreman
Perform all operations by providing production equipment/personnel with the primary raw and purchased materials required to produce acceptable product without any avoidable loss or damage of the materials.
- Maintain acceptable material levels at machine hopper.
- Load and mix materials (if applicable) per the Process Cycle Sheet .
- Move primary raw materials from staging area to appropriate machines using forklift or
- pallet jack
- Load products securely to prevent damage during transit.
- Ensure containers are properly identified.
- Load and unload materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, shelves, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain cleanliness and general appearance of storage and production areas.
- Clean machines and equipment using broom, rags, and cleaning compounds, to assist machine operators.
- Operate forklift and pallet jack to move raw materials and components to appropriate machines.
- Inspect materials and equipment for possible deficiencies.
- Alert product personnel of current or potential problems.
- Mix materials following instructions.
- Weigh quantities of material for use in production.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance relating to product, process and Quality System.
- Identify and record any problems relating to the Product Process and Quality System.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain acceptable material level at all machines.
- Housekeeping of presses/grinder area and storage area.
- Familiarity with all different process materials, usage and maximum regrind percentage.
- Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of safe operating practices.
- Effective raw material identification.
- Follow appropriate raw material mixing methods.
- Effectively communicate with all employees.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Ability to perform simple math calculations.
- On the job training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good peripheral vision.
- Able to read and interpret instructions.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good communications skills.
- Physically able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Able to stand and/or walk for extended periods.
- Ability to operate a forklift.