Reports to: Quality Engineer
Responsible for the inspection of parts, components, materials, and processes, to verify compliance with specifications.
- Inspect parts, components, materials, and processes at various stages
- Train operators on inspection.
- Place acceptable finished goods in their appropriate location.
- Verify quantity on boxes, make bar-coded labels, and attach to containers.
- Get and maintain required information per inspection instructions and control plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to perform process capability studies if needed.
- Create bar-coded labels, weigh containers, and identify acceptable and non-acceptable products.
- Notify and document quality discrepancies to Manufacturing Foreman and Quality Engineer.
- Verify weight and dimensions of product using scales, gauges, calipers, micrometers, etc.
- Identify and report quality problems or trends in the assigned area.
- May recommend cause of recurring defects and recommending corrective action to solve a specific problem.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief to equalize deskwork periods, otherwise, balance the workloads.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and quality system.
- Identify, and record any problems relating to the product process and quality system.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform accurate and timely inspections in accordance with requirements.
- Complete all assignments within the established schedules.
- Advise the Quality Engineer and the Manufacturing Foreman of any known problems related to quality.
- Perform work in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Maintain accurate records of audit findings.
- High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), six months to one year related experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all personnel.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate assigned measuring equipment safely and efficiently.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Physically able to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
- Able to stand and/or walk for extended periods.
- Able to use both hands.